Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Helping and Not Helping

After taking another little break I am ready to go back to work and kick some ass. The break was necessary due to a major lack of sleep. I also needed time to breathe, take a look at my life and evaluate what's what once again. Working nights and not-sleeping days after has not been very healthy for me. It can't be easy for any one of us dancers to come home after 8 hours of screaming music, dancing, drinking and coming out with conniving ways to squeeze a buck out of this or that so-called gentleman. Plus, there are always intrigues among us girls. Is it even possible to stay out of them and focus only on work? Hasn't been so for me so far...

In my club, and in today's economy, making money solo is practically impossible. We have learned to pair up, or even triple up. If I am lucky to find a guy that has the money, and doesn't mind spending it, I do all that is in my power to bring a friend or two with me into the scenario; and the same will do my friends for me when they are luckier than I. And that's where all the intrigues start: who is that girl that is to be helped? When I help X, Y gets upset why is it not her. If I help Y she will try to bring with her her friend Z, and this might hurt the process because the customer might feel like he is being taken advantage of. If I try to bring XX she might fuck the situation up, because of what she might say or do, but if I don't help XX, she'll get upset because she helped me last week and I sort of owe her one.

This chick T always gets mad when she doesn't get helped. However she rarely thinks of anybody when she herself is having a good customer. One night she was having a really good night when most of us struggled. Later on, as we were coming home, she told me that she could have easily helped anybody- her guy was easy and wealthy, but decided not to, because girls weren't helping her. She has been helped by so many girls at different times! Couldn't she have found one out of almost 80 who worked that night that could have used her help? Well, fuck you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment